Friday 19 September 2008

Luella Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear Collection



It's official - I am in love with Luella Bartley. Her spring 2009 collection was just adorable! Ladylike and funky at the same time. She's packed so many of my favourite things into one collection - ruffles, beeds, pinstripes, smart jackets, bows and floral prints. I've always loved purple and orange together and it's about time that a designer based a collection on those colours.
Let's start with the skirts: she had some very nice sculpted skirts but I just love the tiered frilled ones. I loved the candy pinstriped trousers, I've noticed a trend emerging of patterned trousers teamed with contrasting patterned tops, House of Holland used this too with floral print trousers and polka dot tops. Other trends included uneven tiered ruffled dresses, heaps of beads, netted hats and little tweed jackets.
I loved how she combined ladylike elements with kitsch and retro accessories like giant bright bows as head accessories and the cute purple and orange shoes with a giant heart on the toe.
I think this collection is very ready-to-wear literally, there are many items that I would actually wear everyday, my birthday's coming up in a month...you never know! hehe.

1 comment:

FASHION CHALET said...

Luella popped like a beautiful bouquet of roses. I love the confection of color!! :)

Thanks for the great comment in my blog, darling! <3

xo/ fashion chalet